Who We Are:
Entanglement Technologies is about reinventing how our world designs, implements, and responds to complex chemical analyses. We provide environmental, petrochemical, life sciences, applied market, and government laboratories and operators around the globe with the instruments, services, and expertise that they need to support rapid decision-making in the field based on high-quality, defensible data. Entanglement Technologies closes the feedback loop in chemical analysis, and allows our customers to focus on answering their most important question: What comes next?
Your Opportunity to Grow with Us:
Entanglement Technologies provides ground-breaking chemical analyzers and services that grant our customers flexibility in project design and personnel qualifications while in many cases improving data quality and sample turnaround times. The Entanglement Technologies team is a tight-knit group of professionals focused on building a product and service to improve our customers’ experiences and day-to-day operations and to promote meaningful change on a large-scale. Above all, we are focused on building a future based on highly accessible and highly actionable data, where critical decisions based on high-quality data is only a button-push away.
Entanglement Technologies is seeking a Field Applications Scientist to play an integral role in supporting our rapidly expanding customer base. Our flagship chemical detection platform, AROMA, a thermal desorption, cavity ring-down spectroscopy (TD-CRDS) analyzer provides market-disrupting, best-in-class detection capabilities that have the potential to revolutionize the analytical instrumentation industry. Primary responsibilities include being a customer-focused, technical product expert to perform field activities providing support to our customers at their sites globally and at Entanglement Technologies as needed.
Roles And Responsibilities:
- Act as the lead for customer technical assistance, consultation and problem-solving remotely and in-person. Activities may include, but are not limited to, analyzing and evaluating customer data, reviewing experimental set-ups, and providing guidance to customers.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, service, and repair Entanglement Technologies systems at customer sites or Entanglement Technologies site in San Bruno, CA as needed.
- Responsible for installation, repair, and preventative maintenance while maintaining internal and external communication, scheduling, and parts inventory.
- Assure peak uptime of customer equipment.
- Perform software updates/upgrades.
- Maintain a courteous and knowledgeable communication with customers about Entanglement Technologies instrumentation.
- Accurately document field activities, including installation reports and service work reports.
- Effectively communicate competitive information and additional sales opportunities to the sales manager.
- Work closely with team members to solve problems effectively.
- Provide technical feedback and participate in planning, designing, and developing hardware and software components for existing and new products in coordination with the Entanglement Technologies team.
- Ensure customer satisfaction in all aspects of services provided.
- B.S. in quantitative science, electronics, optical engineering, or other engineering field, M.S. or Ph.D. preferred.
- 3+ years’ hands-on experience with analytical instrumentation
- Experience with programming languages (e.g. Python, MATLAB), preferred.
- Experience with detail-oriented, contamination-sensitive assemblies such as optical, UHV, medical device, or semiconductor, preferred.
- Familiarity with basic electronics, handling circuit boards, and connector assemblies.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems on complex electronic, mechanical, and optical instrumentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair, and service technical equipment with excellent mechanical, electrical, and IT skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make necessary decisions independently and follow through with action plans.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities, while remaining enthusiastic and positive.
- Ability to travel within the U.S. approximately 50%.
- Ability to occasionally travel globally.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, preferred.
Please inquire with email@example.com
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, United States Preferred
Job Term: Full-Time