Who We Are:
Entanglement Technologies is about reinventing how our world designs, implements, and responds to complex chemical analyses. We provide environmental, petrochemical, life sciences, applied market, and government laboratories and operators around the globe with the instruments, services, and expertise that they need to support rapid decision-making in the field based on high-quality, defensible data. Entanglement Technologies closes the feedback loop in chemical analysis, and allows our customers to focus on answering their most important question: What comes next?
Your Opportunity to Grow with Us:
Entanglement Technologies has a vision to transform the existing chemical analysis industries by allowing our customers to break free from their chemical analysis roadblocks and focus on rapidly making critical decisions with meaningful and measurable effects on their bottom-line. Through ground-breaking new technology, Entanglement Technologies is able to offer products and services which grant our customers flexibility in project design and personnel qualifications while in many cases improving data-quality and sample-turnaround times. The Entanglement Technologies team is a tight-knit group of professionals focused on building a product and service which improves our customer’s experience and day-to-day operations and promotes meaningful change on a large-scale. Above all, we are focused on building a future based on highly accessible and highly actionable data, where critical decisions based on high-quality data is only a button-push away.
Entanglement Technologies is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to be responsible for bringing current and future products into low-scale production and transition to volume production. Your skills will be applied to work with both internal teams and outside suppliers to make Entanglement Technologies’ products a reality. Internally, you will have direct responsibility for production, quality, supply chain and production/operational systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and resolve manufacturing issues related to design, quality, and functionality of Direct Material component and sub-assembly processes throughout the New Product Development Process.
- Convert prototype designs into production parts designed with DFM and DFA.
- Own Documentation Quality – BOM accuracy, Drawings, Work Instructions. Drive ECR/ECO implementation and process improvements.
- Develop and evaluate existing manufacturing processes and systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practices within the manufacturing environment.
- Analyze BOM cost to identify cost reduction opportunities.
Supply Chain Management
- Identify, manage, and provide priorities and direction to external suppliers to satisfy manufacturing and development requirements for manufacturing, and inspections of direct material components.
- Forecasts and communicates engineering, materials, and manufacturing requirements to suppliers.
- Provides input to outsourcing decisions by performing make versus buy analysis.
- Completes supplier risk assessment on critical and unique parts.
- Monitors supplier performance (delivery, quality, and cost).
- Drive lead time reduction activity (direct labor vs. manufacturing lead times)
- Work with supplier to identify their ability to expand capacity to support volume manufacturing
- Drive dual sourcing activities to mitigate supply risk
- Perform regular audits of Supplier Manufacturing facilities & assess production control/quality programs
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in a technical field.
- (10) years of manufacturing experience and supply chain management required.
- Understanding of product design & Design for Manufacturing & Assembly preferred.
- Experience with supplier management, supplier qualification/selection, and process improvement with suppliers.
- Experience in DFM assessment and BOM development.
- Understanding ISO 9000.
- CAD experience, preferably SolidWorks.
- Ability to generate and maintain manufacturing drawings and BoMs.
- Familiarity with PDM and change management processes.
- Established relationships with vendors and contract manufacturers.
- Ability to work effectively in an early-stage environment of changing requirements, multiple product types.